Hello Pregnancy, Birth & Newborn Community- Personal Story ALERT!!!
I have this amazing jar of organic castor oil sitting in my cupboard upstairs conveniently in my linen cupboard. All I need to do is grab the fleece material that I bought. Get things warmed up and lie down and rest.
Do you think maybe I could do it for 10 minutes 15 minutes?
Well, it was something that Prairie suggested I started doing in my very first somatic healing session with her. Have I done this practice ? No. How much resistance do you find yourself putting between you and healing? How much resistance and excuses do you put between yourself and things that you say you really really want? But we all know it’s the actionable things that we do that inform us that it truly is something that we want to have or to do or to be. So today I’m going to check this box. It’s going to count as an item of productivity.
More to read on CASTOR OIL PACKS below…..
& COMMUNITY CONNECT SCHOLARSHIP
What you need:
1. **Castor Oil:** This is the main ingredient. You can find it at health food stores or order it online.
2. **Flannel Cloth or Towel:** Choose a clean and preferably organic fabric. It should be large enough to cover the area you want to treat.
3. **Plastic Wrap or Plastic Bag:** To cover the castor oil-soaked cloth and prevent oil from getting on your clothing or bedding.
4. **Hot Water Bottle or Heating Pad:** This is used to apply heat to the pack, which helps the castor oil penetrate the skin.
5. **Baking Soda:** For cleaning your skin after using the pack. You can mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 1 quart of water to create a cleansing solution.
6. **Old Clothing or Towel:** To protect your clothing and bedding from potential oil stains while using the pack.
7. **Ziplock Bag or Container:** For storing the castor oil-soaked cloth in the refrigerator between uses.
Castor oil packs can be a real game-changer during pregnancy and postpartum, here’s why:
1. **Pain Relief:** Many moms-to-be experience backaches and muscle discomfort during pregnancy. Applying a castor oil pack to the affected area can provide relief and relaxation.
2. **Digestive Aid:** Constipation is a common pregnancy woe. Massaging a castor oil pack on your abdomen can help promote bowel movements, naturally easing the discomfort.
3. **Reduces Inflammation:** Castor oil packs have anti-inflammatory properties, which can be beneficial for reducing swelling and inflammation often associated with pregnancy.
1. **Uterine Recovery:** After giving birth, your uterus needs time to shrink back to its pre-pregnancy size. Castor oil packs applied to the lower abdomen can assist in this process and potentially reduce postpartum bleeding.
2. **Scar Healing:** If you’ve had a cesarean section or episiotomy, castor oil packs may aid in scar healing and minimizing discomfort.
3. **Stress Relief:** Caring for a newborn can be exhausting. Using castor oil packs as part of your self-care routine can provide relaxation and stress relief.
Remember, always consult with your healthcare provider before using castor oil packs during pregnancy or postpartum, as individual circumstances can vary. But when used safely and appropriately, they can be a soothing and natural way to support your journey into motherhood. 🌿💆♀️🤰
COMMUNITY CONNECT SCHOLARSHIP
1 OCTOBER BIRTH STORY
EXPIRES TOMORROW 9/23