AUTONOMY & EMPOWERMENT; THE WOMEN, RESEARCH, REFLECTION, AND THE INVITATION
The impact of empowerment and autonomy on women is profound…….
- Self-Confidence: Empowered women tend to have higher self-esteem and self-confidence. They believe in their abilities and are more willing to take risks to achieve their goals.
- Resilience: Empowered women are better equipped to face challenges and setbacks. They have the inner strength to persevere and adapt in the face of adversity.
- Health and Well-being: Autonomy in healthcare decisions, for example, allows women to make choices that are in their best interest, leading to improved physical and mental health outcomes.
- Relationships: Empowerment and autonomy can positively impact personal relationships. Women who have control over their choices and boundaries are more likely to have healthier and more fulfilling relationships.
- Career Advancement: Empowered women are more likely to pursue education and career opportunities, leading to greater economic independence and professional success.
- Advocacy: Empowered women often become advocates for gender equality and social change, contributing to broader efforts to dismantle systemic inequalities.
In summary, empowerment and autonomy are essential for women to live authentic, fulfilling lives, and they play a crucial role in how women show up for themselves by enabling them to make choices aligned with their values, desires, and aspirations. These concepts are fundamental to achieving gender equality and social justice for women worldwide.
Good Morning A Team Women!
Yep, I said it. A-Team
Does that resonate with you?
I have been thinking about this A TEAM woman alot lately. As this word was strategically spoken to me last week by a powerhouse woman in our community. Now, the word / label/ idea wasn’t given/gifted or even assumed of me. What happened was there was an invitation to either be an A TEAM woman or not. I was either going to stay where I was, in the comfy chair I was sitting in, say thank you for her time and all her lovely confidence boosting or I was going to lean forward and step into the word/title A TEAM as it pertains to me personally. WOW.
Why do I present it to you today?
- If you have worked with me you ARE A -TEAM.
- If you have loved my work, been inspired to work with me in some capacity- even if it hasn’t happened yet; you are A-Team mentality.
Because I engage and attract mostly two types of women:
- Those that have stepped into empowerment + autonomy- A-TEAM
- Those women who are on the path, intentionally and consciously working into empowerment + autonomy- A-TEAM.
Because to engage with, support, and invest in working with me- which is ultimately working with yourself and investing in your self– you have the A-TEAM mentality.
I am going to spell it out because I can’t go back from KNOWING
Birth Story Photography– is seen as radical, is known to be an activist engagement, is an act of rebellion & liberation. Ultimately, I know it is also an act of love; because Birth Stories are a Love Story. I am a specialist artist in this niche of photography. You are working with a women creating radical change…..by working with me YOU! are a woman creating radical change.
Primal Medicine Boudoir. Photography Ceremony– this somatic, sensual ceremonial photography IS the practice of radical self acceptance. If changing the WORLD starts with you, then you are taking the steps by flexing your superpower of vulnerability. To be witnessed and express your unique and worthy story- grief, rage, shame, joy, sensuality, liberation, pride- in a visceral freeing way- YOU are evolving -You are changing the world. You are A- TEAM.
Empowerment and autonomy are two interconnected concepts that play a significant role in the lives of women and influence how they show up for themselves:
1. **Empowerment:** Empowerment refers to the process of gaining the knowledge, skills, confidence, and self-determination needed to exert control over one’s life, make choices, and achieve personal goals. It involves recognizing and challenging societal norms, stereotypes, and power imbalances that may limit a person’s potential. For women, empowerment means breaking free from gender-based constraints and accessing equal opportunities in various aspects of life, such as education, career, and personal relationships. When women feel empowered, they are more likely to advocate for themselves, pursue their passions, and assert their rights.
2. **Autonomy:** Autonomy is the capacity to make independent decisions and have control over one’s own actions and choices. It means having the freedom to live according to one’s values, desires, and preferences without external coercion or undue influence. Autonomy is particularly important for women because historically, they have often been subjected to societal expectations and restrictions on their autonomy in various spheres, including reproductive rights, career choices, and personal relationships. When women have autonomy, they can make decisions that align with their own aspirations and needs, leading to greater fulfillment and satisfaction in their lives.